Bluehole PNIX has opened up pre-registration for their upcoming head to head football (soccer) game. World Soccer King is a turn based soccer title that lets players power up their team and compete in quick matches.
The game uses simple mechanics that have users pull back on the player who has possession of the ball to kick it in the direction of their choice. This lets players pass, score, and clear the ball out of their own area while doing their best to keep it out of their opponent’s hands (or feet). The game is turn based, and players on defense have no impact on how the action plays out.
While players do not have control over their team while on defense, that doesn’t mean their team is idle when the ball is in play. Soon after the offensive player begins their turn both teams begin moving either towards the ball or to better their positioning. As soon as the ball is kicked defensive players will attempt to intercept it, even engaging in shoving matches with their opponents.
As part of the game’s soft launch, World Soccer King is already available for gamers in Canada and Sweden.
Gamers looking to play as their favorite footballers or don their favorite club’s kit are out of luck, as World Soccer King features neither licensed player likenesses nor teams. Instead players collect fictional players, power them up, and use them to build their team.
Bluehole PNIX is a mobile game studio that is a part of Bluehole, the parent company of En Masse Enterainment and PUBG Corp.
World Soccer King will free and contain in app purchases and optional ads. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Exciting Soccer matches in real-time online multiplayer.
- Simple and intuitive control: Just swipe and release to pass and shoot!
- World Soccer King does not know foul or offside. Play with your gut and compete for the ball fiercely!
- Open capsules to discover powerful new players or upgrade existing ones.
- Collect trophies and advance to higher stages with stronger opponents and bigger prizes.
- Get promoted in the weekly leagues to win capsules and coins.
- Play online matches with your family and friends!
Interested? Check out the soccer game on Google Play.