KLab Games, which last released the Western version of Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team, has opened up pre-registration for their next release. Utano☆Princesama: Shining Live will look to bring the male idol franchise Uta no☆Princesama to the West. The game will offer a mix rhythm based gameplay as players tap along to the music at concerts, and story telling in visual novel style scenes.
While pre-registration does not offer any exclusive rewards, KLab is promising bonus launch rewards for everyone based on the number of social media followers they accumulate before the game’s launch. For more information, check out the game’s official website.
Uta no☆Princesama originally began as a visual novel game on the PSP in 2010. It then evolved into a franchise that has seen numerous games, several manga, and an anime series. The franchise focuses on the relationships between the main character and a variety of male Japanese idols, with romance and humour being common. As one might imagine, the series is primarily targets female gamers. While it is popular in Japan, the franchise is relatively unknown in the West.
Utano☆Princesama: Shining Live will be free and contain in app purchases. It does not have a scheduled release date. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Play your favorite Utano☆Princesama songs anytime you like!
- Create your ideal unit and increase the Bond between the unit members!
- Meet all 11 stars anytime you like! Depending on the time you visit, he will say different things.
- Collect Photos and then unlock new voice clips, original side stories, special outfits, and more!
- Arrange your units any way you like. You don’t have to stick to the groupings in the story!
- Fully-voiced side stories!
- Increase your Bond with the guys to unlock new voice clips.
- Unlock Special Shots and high-quality Posters of your favorite stars!
Interested? Check out the idol game on Google Play.