KLab Games, the company which release the global version of Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team, has launched the global version of their male idol game. Utano☆Princesama: Shining Live looks to bring the idol franchise Uta no☆Princesama to the West. The game offers players a mix rhythm based gameplay as players tap along to the music at concerts, and story telling in visual novel style scenes.
After a pre-registration campaign and a social media drive, KLab is holding a number of in game events and giving out various rewards to players who jump in early. As a result of the social media drive, new players will receive an ultra rare pop star of their choice along with 300 prisms (the game’s premium currency). Players who clear the game’s beginner missions will receive another 300 prisms. There is also a daily log in event that will give new users 15 prisms every day they log in during their first 14 days.
Uta no☆Princesama originally began as a visual novel game on the PSP in 2010. It then evolved into a franchise that has seen numerous games, several manga, and an anime series. The franchise focuses on the relationships between the main character and a variety of male Japanese idols, with romance and humour being common. As one might imagine, the series is primarily targets female gamers. While it is popular in Japan, the franchise is relatively unknown in the West.
Utano☆Princesama: Shining Live is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
Utano☆Princesama Shining Live Features
- Play your favorite Utano☆Princesama songs anytime you like!
- Create your ideal unit and increase the Bond between the unit members!
- Meet all 11 stars anytime you like! Depending on the time you visit, he will say different things.
- Collect Photos and then unlock new voice clips, original side stories, special outfits, and more!
- Arrange your units any way you like. You don’t have to stick to the groupings in the story!
- Fully-voiced side stories!
- Increase your Bond with the guys to unlock new voice clips.
- Unlock Special Shots and high-quality Posters of your favorite stars!
Interested? Check out the idol game on Google Play.