Vertical Platformer “Tower Fortress” Now Available on Android
Not long after releasing the puzzle platformer Turn Undead: Monster Hunter, Nitrome has published a new vertical platformer with some rogue-like elements. Developed by Keybol, Tower Fortress has players ascend a tower filled with enemies. Unlike some games that have you avoid anything that poses a thread, Tower Fortress encourages gamers to kill anything that moves, and gives them the tool to do just that. Players are given given a gun to start the game, and can find various power ups along the way. As players ascend the tower they will have the opportunity to pick up all sorts of power ups that will change the way they can play the game. That includes armor that heals players after defeating enemies and collecting their goo, and boots that allow them to walk on spikes that would otherwise cause quite a bit of pain. Tower Fortress features simple controls, procedurally generated levels, and a bunch of different characters suits to unlock by playing the game.
Tower Fortress is free and contains ads and in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description along with a trailer with more information:
– Randomised for replay. Every run is different!
– Evolve your abilities and skill to progress ever further up the tower!
– 4 Themed zones to ascend!
– Unique hazards and monsters to each zone!
– 4 Epic End Zone Boss Fights!
– Loads of Gun Types including, Laser, T Gun, Bubble Gun and Shotgun!
– 25 Suits to unlock each with unique abilities that affect play.
– Upgrade yourself at the end of each level with 12 upgrade abilities!