gumi Inc has launched their new strategy role-playing game The Alchemist Code. The game features a story mode with visual-novel like cut-scenes and some Japanese voice overs, a pvp arena, events, and a real time co-op mode. As far as combat, it has what gamers would expect from the genre, including height and positional advantages, certain classes having an easier time moving around the map, and even friendly fire. For more details about the game, and some thoughts about its quality, check out Android Sloth’s review. If you plan on downloading the game, here are some tips to help you get started.
The Alchemist Code soft launch has been under way for some time now, with Australia, New Zealand and Sweden being among the regions that have already had a chance to play the game. It also had a pre-registration campaign that rewarded users with in-game game items including premium currency.
The game the western version of “For Whom the Alchemist Exists” (or tagatame), which was released in Japan in 2016. Since then the game has received numerous updates, including new content. Some of the new units added to the game include appearances from guest characters during special events. That included characters from Final Fantasy XV, Full Metal Alchemist, Fate/, and Disgaea. gumi has not announced any plans on having guest characters in The Alchemist Code, but given their presence in gumi’s other games, don’t be surprised if you see some familiar faces in the future.
The Alchemist Code is free to play and features in app purchases and advertisements (ads are optional and reward users with stamina). Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description and an official trailer with more information:
FULL-FLEDGED STRATEGY RPG
* Classic turn-based battle system with grid-based movement
* Command strategic units on 3D terrains, consider the difference in elevation and orientation to turn the tides of battles
DEEP CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
* Summon, collect and evolve more than 50 beautifully designed characters
* Master a wide selection of Jobs Classes, unlock new abilities and outfits
PLAY WITH AND AGAINST FRIENDS
* Real-time 4P multiplayer co-op – Challenge high-level dungeons with 3 other players
* Put your skills to the test at the Arena! Battle fellow players to climb Daily Arena Rankings and get rewarded