The past few months saw a pair of Sonic The Hedgehog games make an appearance or get a reboot on Android with the release of Sonic Forces: Speed Battle and Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joining Sega Forever. Well another new Sonic game has arrived. After a pre-release promo giveaway that gave gamers a chance to win some real world Sonic prizes, Gameloft has released their newest runner. Like Super Mario Run, Sonic Runners Adventure is a combination runner and platformer that has opted to focus on levels instead of going the procedurally generated endless route.
Unlike most runners and recent Gameloft titles, Sonic Runners Adventure is not a free to play title that depends on in app purchases. Instead this is a premium game that is playable offline. It was originally released on Gameloft’s store earlier this year.
Sonic Runners Adventure is $2.99 and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description and a trailer with more information:
• Dash through 4 iconic locations with super graphics. WARNING: May cause a rush of excitement.
• Unlock loads of characters like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow the Hedgehog and more high-speed legends, each with their own super abilities.
• Overcome an endless rush of obstacles and villains, including the nefarious Dr. Eggman himself!
• Listen to iconic tracks as you run for heart-pounding fun!
• Pick up your favourite buddies, each with their own super skill! And remember: Choose them wisely to combine their skills and help you win!
• Power up your favourite characters to improve their abilities.
• An exciting story full of super characters and fun twists.
• Jump into a variety of fun arcade experiences with replayable levels & loads of objectives. Whatever road you dash down, it’s guaranteed to have endless enjoyment!
• Discover the mysterious Bonus mode that’s a real rush of fun with a dash of speed fever!
• Enjoy skill-based combo gameplay using simple controls, plus an auto-run mode so anyone can jump in on the action!
• You can play the game completely offline after your first session!
Interested? Check out the newest Sonic game on Google Play.