The Sega Forever collection just keeps on expanding, another game has just joined the collection. Sonic The Hedgehog 2, first released in 1992, offered games a lot of the same gameplay that led to the original Sonic The Hedgehog becoming a hit with fans. Sonic 2 also marked the debut of one of the most famous characters in the Sonic universe, Miles “Tails” Prower, who is a playable character in Sonic 2. There are a dozen of zones to play through, and as always, lots of rings to collect.
As with most Sega Forever titles, Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is free with ads. Ads can be removed for via an in app purchase for $1.99. It is not playable offline but has controller support. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description as well as an update list of Sega Forever titles:
– Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
– Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
– Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn’t make it into the original release!
– Fight Dr. Eggman’s creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
– Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
The Sega Forever library now includes:
- Altered Beast
- Beyond Oasis
- Comix Zone
- Crazy Taxi
- Decap Attack
- ESWAT: City Under Siege
- Golden Axe
- Kid Chameleon
- Phantasy Star II
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2
- Space Harrier II
- The Revenge of Shinobi
- Virtua Tennis Challenge