Are you the type of person that always criticizes city building games for their lack of human sacrifices? If so, there might be something wrong with you, but you are also in luck. Spooky Games has released Sacrifices, a new Aztec themed city building game where Players take on the role of God and are tasked with ensuring the prosperity of their village. A beta version of Sacrifices has been available on Google Play as an early access title.
That means answering prayers, directing how things will be built, picking out development paths through the game’s knowledge wheel, and more. Players can obtain daily rewards (including valuable technology points) for sacrificing their followers, which creates an interesting incentive for making sure your villages always have a few extra people around.
As you might have guessed, this game is a bit violent. And not in a club a person over the head cartoon violence sort of way either. There are decapitations, blood, etc. So while it looks cute, it’s not exactly the sort of things every parent will want their kids to play. The game is also generally a bit rough around the edges, with a few bugs and tutorial issues that some may find to be annoying.
Sacrifices is free and contains in app purchases. Here is a trailer and an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description with more information:
● Manage your village and followers needs (food, medicinal herbs, wood, stone…)
● Use your godly powers to answer prayers from your followers and defend them against rival tribes
● Craft more than 150 different weapons and outfits
● Send expeditions through the wild jungle and discover its many treasures
● And of course, Sacrifice some of your most fervent followers to unlock more knowledge and therefore restore and expand your village