The latest game in the wonderfully odd Rusty Lake series is now available on Google Play. Rusty Lake Paradise continues the series’ brand of puzzles and weird characters but this time around the game is set on Paradise Island, which happens to be experiencing the 10 plagues of Egypt. As with previous games in the series, Rusty Lake Paradise is a point and click adventure game that has a strong escape game lean with a stronger emphasis on puzzles than dialogue. Players need to find objects and figure out how to use them in order to advance, and that is the core of the game. Around that core is the game’s unique art style, music, and dark sense of humor and horror theme.
The Rusty Lake series comes from developer Rusty Lake. Yes, the name of the developer is the same as the name of their current game franchise. The game series is a follow up to Rusty Lake’s Cube Escape series of games that are also available on Android and iOS. The first game in the series, Rusty Lake Hotel took players into a hotel inspired by the TV series Twin Peaks. The sequel, Rusty Lake Origins, took players throughout time and introduced them to multiple generations within the same family. Both games have had excellent fan reviews, averaging 4.8 and 4.9 stars.
Rusty Lake Paradise is $2.99 and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Pick-up-and-play: easy to start but hard to put down
- Unique storyline: the first adventure game based around the ten plagues of Egypt
- An unforgettable puzzle experience: each plague brings its own atmosphere, suspense and a variety of Rusty Lake brain teasers
- Atmospheric graphics: the pastel background paintings are handmade by Dutch painter Johan Scherft
- Immersive soundtrack: each plague has its own theme song and variations
Interested? Check out the weird adventure game on Google Play.