Nexon has release a mobile remake of KOEI’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms: The Legend of CaoCao which was Originally released in the 90s on PCs. The remake takes the game online, and adds some standard F2P features like premium currency, a VIP system, and an auto mode.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: The Legend of CaoCao is a strategy RPG that fans of the Fire Emblem series will find familiar. The game’s core mode pits the user against the AI in the game’s turn based battles that play out on maps made up of square tiles. Players will need to maneuver their commanders to utilize their attack range, take note of the weather and how it impacts the troops on the field, and decide what to do with strategically important buildings. It is a far cry from mobile RPGs that take control out of the hands of the players.
Outside of its campaign mode Romance of the Three Kingdoms has a small city building element and a PVP mode. The game lets players upgrade the buildings in their territory to do things like produce more resources. Players will also need to protect their empire and attack others in the game’s PVP mode. As with many mobile RPGs, players set up their defenders beforehand, and have no other impact on how battles turn out on the defensive end.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: The Legend of CaoCao is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
■ The strategic tour de force “The Legend of Cao Cao,” remastered for mobile.
– Join Cao Cao in his legendary quest to dominate the Three Kingdoms!
– Assemble a team of elite commanders to conquer your foes!
– Reenact the tales of other legendary characters in [Story] mode!
■ The KOEI [Romance of Three Kingdoms] that you know and love!
– Put your tactical talent to the test against AI and other players alike!
– Complex strategy, simple controls!
– Build the perfect fighting force for every challenge!
■ Brand-new content to usher a retro favorite into the modern age!
– Jump into asynchronous PVP with [Annihilation]!
– Fight the pivotal battles of every Kingdom in the robust expanded [Story] mode!
– Cooperate with other players to build your empire!
Interested? Check out the strategy game on Google Play.