After its soft launch in Canada, Australia, the Philippines, and Singapore, Section Studios’ new real time strategy game has launched for mobile gamers around the world. RIVAL: Crimson x Chaos is an arena strategy game that features a variety of sci-fi / fantasy hybrid units as they go to war.
Like similar games, RIVAL has a constantly refilling mana pool that is used to summon units, a focus on building a deck with just the right combination of units, and (essentially) loot crates that let players acquire new champions and upgrade existing ones.
Outside of the standard features of other arena strategy games, RIVAL also lets players set a leader unit and allow them to use that unit’s special ability. This adds an extra layer of strategy not common to the genre. The game’s developer has also promised ongoing updates for the game, including new champions and features.
RIVAL: Crimson x Chaos is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
PVP Arena strategy
- Battle with friends and RIVALs in real time
- Face off against RIVALs from around the world
- Compete in real time battles to become the world’s top RIVAL
Lead your Champions
- Choose your Leader and build a team strategy
- Unleash your Leader Ability to change the tides of battle
- Discover new strategies with over 30 Champions and Spells
Create strategies with RIVAL’s Ability System
- Upgrade Champions and Spells to unlock game-changing abilities
- Build new strategies with Leader abilities and upgrades
- Awaken your Spells and Champions to unleash their full potential
Interested? Check out arena strategy game on Google Play.