Capcom has soft launched their newest game, Puzzle Fighter, in a few select countries. If you are not in one of those countries, Capcom has also opened up pre-registration on the game’s official site, though there is no mention of any reward for pre-registering. Puzzle Fighter is the mobile successor to Super Puzzle Fighter II, Capcom’s popular puzzle / fighting game mash-up from 1996, which was a novel concept at the time. This time around Puzzle Fighter is free to play (with in app purchases) and features characters from a broader range of Capcom franchises, including Megaman, Dead Rising, and more.
Puzzle Fighters has players build up and break gems to damage their opponents as they watch their favorite characters duke it out on screen. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, and abilities. Characters and abilities are collected and powered up via the game’s chest & card system.
The countries that the game is available in are:
- Hong Kong
Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description, and an official trailer:
• Challenge players from around the globe in exciting real-time puzzle battles
• Collect your favorite characters, each with unique and iconic abilities
• Build and level up a team of legendary fighters and compete on classic stages from across the Capcom universe
• Customize your team with dozens of costumes and colors
• Take on daily missions for exclusive rewards
• Challenge friends to casual battles and discover new strategies and playstyles
• Collect Ranking Points and climb the World Leaderboard in PVP seasons
• Discover new characters, stages, and tournaments with live events
• Experience the evolution of the beloved arcade classic Puzzle Fighter