A premium game for Android tablets might not find the biggest audience, but that has not stopped SomaSim and Kalypso Media from releasing their newest strategy/simulation game on the platform. Project Highrise is all about building a functioning highrise building that brings in a lot of revenue.
Players are put in charge of building up their highrise and ensuring that their building is profitable. That means setting up the right type of spaces for tenants, ensuring that rent is paid on time, and that the building remains profitable. Players have a lot of control over what they build, regardless of whether they want to create a thriving office environment or up-scale apartments. The game features both a sandbox mode that lets players explore their creative side, and a campaign mode that puts players in specific scenarios.
Project Highrise was originally released on Steam in 2016, and since then the game has achieved 82% positive user reviews. The game’s new mobile version is also available on iPads.
Project Highrise is $3.99 and contains in app purchases that add additional content to the game. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Deep and complex simulation of a modern skyscraper.
- Huge variety of tenants with their own unique characteristics, from restaurants, to offices, retail stores, or residential apartments.
- Open sandbox play with several difficulty levels and starting conditions allowing you to build your dream skyscraper towering above the surrounding city.
- Campaign mode that tests your skill at building a successful highrise in challenging scenarios.
- Test your management mettle by keeping up with your buildings diverse population and their ever-increasing demands.
- Hire specialized consultants to increase your building’s curb appeal, operational efficiency, and pull with city hall.
Interested? Check out the tower builder on Google Play.