Based on the the universe of strategy space exploration game Out There, Mi-Clos Studio’s Out There Chronicles is best described as a digital interactive comic book. Released last year, Out There Chronicles Episode 1 put players in the shoes of Darius as he wakes up after a very, very, very long nap. As one might expect, Out There Chronicles – Ep. 2 picks up after the events of the first game.
As with the first episode, Out There Chronicles Ep. 2 follows Darius after what transpired in episode 1. Players will find themselves in a new environment with new characters, opportunities and threats. Episode 2 brings back the writers and artists that created the first episode of this sci-fi adventure.
To celebrate the launch of episode 2, Out There Chronicles Ep. 1 is now free for a limited time. So players unfamiliar with the series can give the first game a try before jumping into the sequel.
Out There Chronicles Ep. 2 is $2.99 and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a gameplay trailer with more information:
- 50+ achievements
- An interactive sci-fi graphic novel written by FibreTigre (Out There)
- A complex dialogue system: your choices can have consequences later in the adventure
- Master the alien language and discover their cultures
- Stunning, varied environments
- Develop relationships with an array of complex characters
- Revelations on the Out There universe
- A dead simple, accessible interface
- Magnificent illustrations by Benjamin Carré, the French master of science fiction
- Captivating music composed by Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, Out There…)