Netease Games, the company behind some of the popular battle royale game Survivor Royale and the MMORPG Crusaders of Light, has two new games on Google Play. Onmyoji and Glory of Empire, are quite different and are only available in select regions.
Onmyoji is an online RPG that has begun its soft launch phase in the West. It is currently available in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavian countries. In the game players take the role of an Onmyoji, a human who can control and tame spirits, and create a team of spirits, or shikigami. The game promises hundreds of different spirits to collect, power up, and take into the game’s turn based battles. Onmyoji features both single player, PVP, and co-op content that includes a story mode and boss battles.
Onmyoji is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Clash with real players worldwide in strategic turn-based battles.
- Customize your team to become the ultimate Onmyoji.
- Summon powerful spirits called “shikigami” to fight by your side.
- Hundreds of shikigami to discover, each with their own unique skills, skins and side stories.
- Team-up with your friends and guild mates to battle epic bosses and win awesome rewards!
- All-star voice cast, featuring Rie Kugimiya, Jun Fukuyama, Miyuki Sawashiro, Tomokazu Sugita, Yuki Kaji and more!
- Breathtaking soundtrack written by legendary composer Shigeru Umebayashi.
Interested in Onmyoji? Check out the online RPG on Google Play.
Glory of Empire is a strategy game that is currently in its early-access phase. It is currently available in the United States and most of the EU. The game focuses on city building and battling. As one might expect, that includes a lot of resource gathering and timers. As one might expect, the game also includes alliances which allow players to pool their strength. Update: Glory of Empire is now available in more regions.
To keep things fresh, Glory of Empire promises to take a few steps away from the standard generic strategy game path. Firstly, the game features trading and relationships with NPCs, allowing players a new way of managing their resources. It also allows players to customize their city in order to find the most efficient way of generating those resources. Included in that customization is a promise of over 100 buildings to choose from.
Glory of Empire is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description with more information:
- CUSTOMIZE your very own city with choices of more than 100 buildings
- EXERT your wisdom to make best use of your resources
- COMMAND your troops and combat in real-time with your enemy
- BUILD up relationships and trade with hundreds of highly intelligent NPCs
- JOIN in the alliance and develop it from family to empire
- CONQUER the world and become the king of the kings
Interested in Glory of Empire? Check out the strategy game on Google Play.