As so often is the case, when one door closes, another one opens. Shortly after announcing the impending shut down of their gacha puzzle RPG Tale of Link, Bandai Namco has opened up pre-registration for their next game. Players can now pre-register for One Piece Bounty Rush, a team based action game starring characters from the One Piece manga & anime series.
One Piece Bounty Rush will be a 4 on 4 competition to see which team can collect the most berries. For those unfamiliar with One Piece universe, berry (or belly) is the name of the world’s primary currency. Players will be able to use 5 different character classes to get the edge on their competition:
- The damage resistant warrior
- The quick fighter
- The supporter
- The ranged shooter
- The swordsman
As players collect berries they will need to return them to their team’s bank in order to avoid losing them upon death. At the same time they will want to make sure their opponents don’t make it back to their bank.
Pre-registration rewards will be handed out to all participants once the game launches. The rewards will be based on the total number of users who participate by either pre-registering on Google Play or interact with the game’s Facebook page by liking/commenting. Here are the rewards as described on the game’s official website:
- 10,000 Participants: 5 Rainbow Diamonds (premium currency)
- 50,000 Participants: 5 Rainbow Diamonds + 200 small ingrediant packs
- 100,000 Participants: 5 Rainbow Diamonds + 5 Guidebooks
- 200,000 Participants: 5 Rainbow Diamonds + 50 Yummy Ingredient Packs
- 300,000 Participants: 10 Rainbow Diamonds + 10 Fancy Ingredient Packs + 4-Star Shanks character
One Piece Bounty Rush will be free to play and contain in app purchases when it launches. The game is scheduled to be released later this year. Here is a trailer with more information:
Interested? Check out the upcoming PVP game on Google Play.