Not long after the release of Master of Eternity (MOE), and the soft launch of Darkness Rises, Nexon has decided that the time was right for the global launch of their next RPG. Returners is a hero collection RPG that has players build teams of heroes to take on the game’s single player dungeons and PVP battles.
After soft launch that included Oceania and parts of Southeast Asia, Returners has arrived on the world stage. The game revolves around collecting and managing heroes. Players have little direct control in battle, and are instead tasked with formulating strategies. Aside from the usual team building, players need can change their team’s formation, play tactics cards, and determine who that AI controlled heroes will focus their attention on. The game’s distinguishes itself from other hero collection games by allow players to effectively pause the game to change their targeting scheme, allowing them to focus their heroes on a mage that has turned out to be particularly powerful or to have everyone gang up on a formidable archer to quickly take them down.
Returners is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
Collect and Empower Your Favorite Heroes
- Heroes from across history, myth, and legend!
- Gather Heroes from around the world! Legends like Theseus, Cleopatra, and Robin Hood fight alongside Aladdin, Hercules, and more!
- Even familiar favorites feel new with exciting reinterpretations!
Stylized Cartoon Graphics
- Heroes reborn in a bold new art style!
- Spectacular visuals that make the real-time battles a joy to watch!
Robust League System
- How does your team stack up against other players?
- Just check the League section to see your daily ranking!
- Dominate the League for a chance to enter a Tournament, the ultimate test of skill!
Interested? Check out the new RPG on Google Play.