The Pokemon franchise has been popular for more than two decades now and there have been no shortage of games that have attempted to recreate some of the monster collecting magic of the mainline Pokemon game series. That includes a number of mobile titles EvoCreo and Neo Monsters. Nexomon is another such game.
Release last year on iOS, Lime Turtle’s this is a game that will instantly feel familiar for veteran Pokemon trainers. The game has over 300 monsters to catch, plants to walk through, monster battles where players will need to consider elements, and a whole lot more. Though the game obviously does not feature any of the pocket monsters that many gamers grew up with, it does have a number of similar creatures.
Until the day Nintendo and Game Freak decide to bring a traditional Pokemon series to smartphones, this might be the Pokemon-like game that comes closest to the real thing.
Nexomon is free to try and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Over 300 Nexomon to catch and train.
- Evolve your Nexomon into new and powerful forms.
- Mighty and unique legendary Nexomon, can you find all 15 of them?
- Embark on an epic adventure to save the world from the Nexomon King!
- Battle powerful and challenging foes in the Nexoworld.
- Select from seven unique starters.
- Explore all 10 colorful and vibrant regions.
Interested? Check out the monster collection RPG on Google Play.