With the NBA season well under way, the assumption was that the NBA 2K series might be skipping Android this year. Well, it might have arrived a bit late but the latest entry in 2K’s long running NBA 2K series is now available on Android. This time around, NBA 2K18 has improved its career mode (MyCareer), added the ability to play for multiple NBA season in its franchise mode (The Association), and of course updated the soundtrack.
Like the game’s console counterparts, the mobile version of NBA 2K18 features former Cleveland Cavalier and current Boston Celtic Kyrie Irving as its cover athlete (or app icon athlete). Irving was traded from Cleveland to Boston after being unveiled as this year’s NBA 2K cover athlete. Some of the original marketing material for NBA 2K18 featured the star point guard in his Cavalier uniform, and 2K has even released printable covers with Irving wearing a Cleveland jersey.
NBA 2K18 is priced at $7.99 and has ads and in app purchases. For more information on the game, here’s an excerpt from NBA 2K18’s Google Play description with more information:
• MyCAREER mode with expanded script and more interactions for your MyPLAYER.
• Association Mode – New multi-season mode allowing you to control a franchise’s
future and become the next NBA dynasty.
• 2K Beats – An eclectic mix of tunes from around the world, featuring Future, Kendrick Lamar, Shakira, Nas, and many more.
• More gameplay controls including ability to sprint on defense and more rebounding capabilities.
• Earn more Virtual Currency to boost your MyPLAYER.