Slothwerks has released its new rogue-like deckbuilder game. Meteorfall: Journeys has players pick one of four classes, receive a started deck of ability cards, and be on their way to defeat the Uberlich. On their journey players will need to take on monsters using their ability cards that they draw from their deck. As this is a deckbuilder, players will build their deck by adding cards over the course of their adventure rather than at the beginning of each game.
In rogue-like fashion, Meteorfall’s adventures are procedurally generated, and death is permanent. During their adventure players will have the opportunity to add new cards to their deck, encounter blacksmiths that could upgrade their existing cards, and a variety of other characters. A large portion of the game will come down to the choices the player makes. Players have the option to play an ability card or skip a turn and recover stamina, they will also encounter events and characters that will give them the chance to forge their own path forward.
Meteorfall is $2.99 and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Challenging roguelike gameplay with an easy-to-understand deck-building combat system
- Procedurally generated content – every adventure is unique
- A dozen different enemies with 7 unique bosses
- Four heroes to choose from, each with a different starting deck and unique playstyle
- Unlockable cards that can be easily earned through normal play
- Google Play integration with Leaderboards and Achievements
- Portrait orientation for casual one-handed gameplay
- No ads, timers, or other freemium shenanigans
Interested? Check out the deck builder on Google Play.