Nexon has launched a global beta for the international version of MapleStory M, a mobile take on the popular MMORPG. MapleStory M brings the graphics and style of the classic 2D MMORPG to mobile while mixing things up a bit.
While players will encounter familiar characters and monsters, this version of MapleStory gives them a chance to play as one of five different classes, offers instanced dungeons, an auto mode, and several designed for mobile modes. As with the PC MMORPG, MapleStory M offers lots of character customization options.
The beta test is set to run until January 30th, 2018. Game data will be wiped after the beta test ends, so gamers shouldn’t look at this as an opportunity to get a head start.
Maple Story M should not be confused with MapleStory Blitz. MapleStory M attempts to bring the look and feel of the popular PC MMORPG to mobile. MapleStory Blitz is a lane-based strategy game that falls in the same category as titles like Clash Royale. While MapleStory M has just started its international beta test, Blitz is one of many Nexon titles currently in their soft launch phase.
MapleStory M is free and will contain in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description with more information:
- Return to Maple World – Players can experience all the familiar characters and monsters anytime straight from their mobile device. MapleStory M is the true mobile MapleStory experience fans have been waiting for;
- Play Five Original Characters – MapleStory M offers players five unique MapleStory characters, including Dark Knight, Bowmasters, Night Lord, Bishop and Captain;
- Hunt for Loot in Daily Dungeons – Players can power up characters with jewels found in daily dungeons. Different jewels are available each day of the week, so players can keep coming back for more;
- Power Level in Private Mini Dungeons – Players can focus their leveling efforts by taking down monsters of their choice and hunt specific quest items in their very own mini dungeon;
- Seek Out the Master of the Mu Lung Dojo – This challenge tasks players to climb floor after floor and defeat monsters along the way. Once they reach the top, they’ll face the martial arts master himself, Mu Gong;
- Explore Nett’s Deadly Pyramid – Players wanting to press their luck can explore and discover the mysteries of Nett’s Pyramid. They must fend off mummies and other monsters to discover mysterious treasures;
- Raid with Friends in the Expedition – Players can join a party with up to 10 other friends to battle against the iconic raid boss Zakum for exclusive rewards.
Interested? Check out the 2D RPG on Google Play.