Aspiring wizards and witches in a few countries can now get a head start on their magic education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Jam City has started testing their new adventure game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery in Singapore, Taiwan, and New Zealand. Users in these regions can download the game from Google Play, though they should be aware that it is currently in early access. Early access titles tend to have more bugs and may undergo significant changes before launch, though that varies from game to game.
First announced last year not long after the augmented reality Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Hogwarts Mystery will let players take the role of a new Hogwarts student in the time between Harry Potter’s birth and his enrollment in Hogwarts. Players will be able to hone their magical abilities, attend classes and participate in various Hogwarts activities including working on potions and transfiguration.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is free and contains in app purchases. The game is scheduled to launch worldwide this spring. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description and a trailer with more information:
Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.
Mystery and Adventure
- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother’s disappearance in an all new story.
Friendships that Matter
- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow students…or frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.
Interested? Check out the magical adventure game on Google Play.