Hero Hunters, the latest shooter from Hothead Games, is now in early access. Hero Hunters is a third-person cover shooter gacha game. Players collect and power up various heroes that have their own classes, abilities, and elements as they take on the game’s stages. The game allows players to bring multiple characters into each battle, with the AI controlling any character the player isn’t using. Gamers have control of when they pop out of cover and shoot, aiming, and are given the ability to switch characters and cover positions on the fly. Beyond the single player campaign there are also PVP and co-op options.
If you have played some of the other shooters Hothead Games has made, like Kill Shot Bravo and Kill Shot Virus then you likely have an idea of what to expect from Hero Hunters in terms of monetization. It’s a free game that will frequently promote its various in app purchases. Beyond that, the game is also very buggy at this point, which is not surprising given it just recently opened up early access. For more info on the game, here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description and an official trailer.
WORLD CLASS GUNPLAY
– Cover-based, third person shooter perfected for mobile.
– Real-time, team-based combat – Quickly swap between Heroes on the fly.
– Modern and futuristic weaponry makes playing each hero a distinct experience.
– Deploy jaw-dropping special abilities that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
– A variety of different enemies and scenarios that will test your skills.