Jam City’s upcoming Harry Potter game finally has a release date. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is set to have its global launch on April 25th, 2018 on both iOS and Android.
The upcoming Harry Potter game will be a narrative focused game with RPG elements. Players will be able to create their own character as they enroll in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. They will attend classes, build relationships with other students, and learn magic. The story experience is influenced by the decisions players make while interacting with other characters throughout the game.
The game is set to have voiceovers from the cast of the Harry Potter films, including Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore), Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick), and Dame Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall).
Hogwarts Mystery is already in its soft launch phase and is available in Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, and Singapore. Players in other parts of the world can pre-register for the game to get a notification or email when the game goes live.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery will be free to play and contain in app purchases when it launches later this month. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.
Mystery and Adventure
- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother’s disappearance in an all new story.
Friendships that Matter
- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow students…or frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.
Interested? Check out the adventure game on Google Play.