You can download 4:33’s action RPG DC Unchained through Google Play, but only if you’re in one of the game’s soft launch regions. This guide shows you how to change your Google Play region in order to be able to download DC Unchained from Google Play without getting an APK from a third party site. Please note that this guide contains affiliate links. For more information, please refer to Android Sloth’s affiliate policy.
To download DC Unchained and any other soft launched titles you will need two things:
- A new Google account.
- A VPN (I recommend NordVPN).
Why do you need a new Google account?
You don’t new account every time you plan on downloading something from a different region. You just need an account that is not associated with any particular country. If you already have an account like that, skip this section.
Google accounts will often become tied to a particular region, making switching countries much more difficult. This typically happens after a user makes a purchase from Google Play, but may have other triggers.
Making a new Google account and not associating it with anything lets you quickly and easily switch from one region to another without touching your account settings. I would recommend not doing anything with this new account other than downloading games, signing up for pre-registration campaigns, and checking email. You can use your primary account for purchases, cloud saves, and everything else. This account will strictly be for bypassing Google Play regional restrictions.
Choosing a VPN
If your primary goal is to choose a VPN that can be used to change Google Play countries, here’s what you should look for:
- Server availability: You’re going to want a VPN with servers in some of the most important soft launch regions and any particular parts of the world you might be interested in. These include Australia, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, Singapore, and Indonesia. You’ll also want servers in South Korea and Japan in order to access some of the games that are exclusive to those countries.
- Speed: Although not incredibly important when your goal is to change your Google Play country, faster is better. While you usually don’t need to use your VPN to play games, you will need to use it download each title. That can take a while on slower VPNs.
- Price: Look for something that’s inexpensive, but avoid free VPNs. They will rarely satisfy the two above points and may have questionable security practices.
In testing a number of VPNs, the one that I would recommend is NordVPN. Why? Because it has servers in all of the most important soft launch regions, South Korea, Japan, India, and just about anywhere else you might want. It’s also incredibly affordable at as little as $3.99 per month on a 2 year plan and has proven to be faster than a number of VPN options that I have tested.
Download DC Unchained using a VPN
- Open up your chosen VPN and connect to one of the following regions: Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam. You should connect to the country that’s closest to your location.
- Go into your device’s app settings → Google Play → and clear your cache.
- Load up Google Play and make sure you have selected your new Google account in the menu. You should now find yourself browsing your selected country’s Google Play listings.
- Search for DC Unchained in Google Play (or find it here) and download the game.
- After you finish downloading the app you were looking for, you can turn off the VPN. Very rarely do games require a VPN to be enabled while playing them.
You should now be able to play 4:33’s superhero action RPG from anywhere in the world.