The word game genre is one of the staples of casual mobile gaming. From Words with Friends to Word Cookies and the dozens of word search titles that are available on Android, the genre has thrived on Android. Language barriers aside, these games are extremely approachable, easy to pick up and play in short bursts, and can be quite addictive. Developer David Cordis has released a new word game that has players search for the punchline for a variety of puns. Dad Jokes – Word Connect is a game that is filled with corny puns that can just as often elicit a groan as they do a laugh.
Like other mobile word games, Dad Jokes uses a simple control scheme. Players will need to put their brain to the test as they try to figure out each joke, but once they figure the word they’re going for they simply need to move their finger from letter to letter to form words. The target word or words are based on the presented joke prompt.
Dad Jokes – Word Connect is free and contains ads and in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
What makes Word Connect so special?
• The game is powered by carefully curated jokes
• Simple, easy, and addictive gameplay!
• 100’s of levels with tons of words await you!
• Login every day for an exciting daily joke challenge!
• Want to check previous levels? Go back to the Level List and play again!
• With no time limits, you can use your time wisely to find new words at your own pace!
• Hidden extra words are waiting to be discovered!
• No wifi? Don’t worry, play Word Connect anytime, anywhere!
• Supported on both phone and tablet.
Interested? Check out the pun filled game on Google Play.