Heart Shaped Games, the studio behind Hero Generations, has released Brave Hand, a free single player card game without any pay to win elements. As with many card games, the rules of Brave Hand are simple, but mastering the game to maximize your chances of success can be quite a challenge. Those mechanics are combined with some nice artwork and a bit of a story.
The game’s core gameplay mechanic involves making sure that the card you choose is higher than the card you’re trying to collect. If it’s higher, you get points and a chance to test your luck against the next card. If you’re not, you loose your card and whatever points you may have accumulated using that card. Things get more complex when you need to have an idea of the probability of your card being higher than a face down card, and whether or not it’s worth risking points your points to find out. That’s the jist of it, but there are a few more rules in there. There are three modes to play through, high scores to set and themes to unlock
Brave Hand is free and contains ads and in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Elegant design that combines familiar elements from classic card and dice games into one unique, innovative, addicting, and endlessly replayable mobile game.
- Three unique game modes: the standard “Brave Mode”, a “Boost Mode” with powerful expansion boost cards, and the epic 90 card “Jumbe Deck” Mode.
- Engrossing Story: You’ve landed on a mysterious Island and unearthed a long forgotten card game. As you play, you begin to unravel clues to its origin, strategy, and hidden powers. Are you brave enough to push on and discover all of its secrets?
- 16 beautiful themes to unlock. Each depicts another page of the game story, illustrated by artist Riley Frambes.
- Better than Solitaire. Yeah, we said it.
- Compete with your friends on global leaderboards, and share your final scores instantly to social media.