After a brief pre-registration period, 4:33 Creative Lab’s (FourThirtyThree Inc.) horse archery game Battle of Arrow is now available worldwide. In the game players mount up and fight their opponent in one on one horseback duels using their bows, crossbows, and abilities.
Battle of Arrow’s main gameplay mode is the arena, a 1 vs 1 PVP mode that pits players (and their horses) against each other. The game uses tilt and tap controls, where players tilt their device to aim and tap to shoot or use abilities. The tilt controls can be reversed, either horizontally or vertically, but there is no option for non-tilt controls. Headshots do more damage than body shots, and shooting the horse does significantly less damage than shooting the player. Players can also deal bonus damage by attacking the same area on a player’s body multiple times in a row (the area will have a red glow after the first hit).
Although Battle of Arrow is primarily a PVP game, it does offer two single player options. Players can play the game’s adventure mode which consists of fights against various monsters, or go against larger enemies in raid mode. Outside of the game’s combat modes, players will need to collect and power up gear with items from the game’s loot crates. The crates can be obtained from PVP victories, obtaining a certain number of stars in arena matches, for free every 8 hours, or using the game’s premium currency. Characters can further be powered up using the game’s skill tree.
Battle of Arrow is free and contains in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
In Battle of Arrow, players can do the following:
- Duel in real-time against archers from all over the world.
- Customize their skill trees to master skill shots that best suit their preferred style of combat.
- Choose their favorite items and upgrade their skills to match their best weapons and their favorite styles of gameplay.
- Enjoy single-player scenarios to level up their characters.
- Form action squads with friends to defeat raid bosses and claim special items such as costumes!