After wrapping up its pre-registration campaign, Bushiroad’s new rhythm / idol game is now available in English. Developed in partnership with Craft Egg, BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! offers gamers 40 songs to play through on multiple difficulty levels, along with online co-op, and more.
Although rhythm based gameplay is a core part of the game players will also be able to collect characters and create their own band. They will also be able to interact with their collected characters and watch visual-novel style cut scenes. Players looking for a similar title with male pop stars should take a look at KLab’s Utano☆Princesama: Shining Live, which lets players collect and interact with the game’s idols in between performances.
As a result of a pre-registration campaign that saw over 30,000 users sign up for the game, all players will be given 500 in-game credits as a reward.
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! is free and contains ads and in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
- Tap to the rhythm of over 40 songs
- Select from 4 levels for each song, EASY / NORMAL / HARD / EXPERT
- Play 1-player mode or online with up to 4 other players and enjoy Japanese music game
- Collect characters to form your original band, or to group them per the 5 official bands
- Train characters to improve their music performance
- Immerse in each band’s exciting journey towards stardom through their individual band stories
- Interact with cute animated characters, and enjoy their rhythmical actions and conversations
- Discover and explore the town to peek the daily lives of the characters
Interested? Check out the rhythm game on Google Play.