The world is violent and full of pixels, or at least it will in a few hundred years if you view OrangePixel’s new game as a look into the future. Ashworld puts players in a post-apocalyptic pixel-art open world filled with enemies to kill, cars to drive, and areas to explore. Players will need to explore the desolate world in order to find buildings that contain items they can salvage, trade, or craft with, all while dealing with enemies that are trying to kill you.
OrangePixel is a Dutch developer best known for Heroes of Loot, Gunslugs, and Meganoid. Ashworld was originally released on PC last year and is also available on iOS.
Ashworld is $3.99 and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and a trailer with more information:
What’s in the game:
– Run and drive around the ragelands, visiting buildings, talking to people, beating up ragers and skellies.
– Use a host of weapons: boomerangs, chainsaws, rocket launcher, shotgun, machinegun, plasma rifle, flame thrower.
– Search through buildings, underground cavern’s, and unexplored area’s of the Ashworld for usable items.
– Find and drive a bunch of different cars, all with their quirks and challenges.
– A host of story missions and sub-missions to guide you around the world.
– Craft new items from junk in your inventory
Interested? Check out the 2D open world shooter on Google Play.