The Android beta test for Fortnite Battle Royale starts today, and developer Epic Games released a lot of details about the Android version of the incredibly popular shooter.
The first thing Android gamers need to know is that the beta invites will start going out today for gamers with Samsung Galaxy devices. Players running the game on the newly launched Samsung Note 9 or Galaxy Tab S4 will be given a free Galaxy outfit.
Those not using Samsung devices may need to wait a little while longer. Epic will be sending out invites in waves over the next few days. That means the head start Samsung device owners have will likely be a lot shorter than previously rumored.
As previously announced, Fortnite will not be available on Google Play. Instead players will need to download the game directly from the game’s official website.
Epic has revealed which devices are compatible with the game at this time and it’s not a very long list:
Android Beta initially will work on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge , S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
Currently unsupported, working on fixes in the near term:
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia: XZ/ XZs, XZ1, XZ2
If your phone is not on this list, it might still work assuming if you have the following specs:
- OS: 64 bit Android, 5.0 or higher
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
Also of note, the game will not support Bluetooth controllers or have voice chat at the start of the beta but both are features are said to be coming in the future. The game does not support keyboard & mouse setups on Android, and it will not run on rooted devices.
Sign ups for the beta test are open on the game’s official website.