Stronghold Kingdoms Now on Android
Firefly Studios has (finally) launched their grand strategy game Stronghold Kingdoms on Android. While a little dated visually, this game offers massively-multiplayer elements, technology research, and a lot of other features. This is also one of the few cross-platform games on mobile, offering play between mobile and PC users. Although not part of the Google Play early access program, this game is labeled as currently being in beta, so keep that in mind when setting your expectations.
Stronghold Kingdoms was initially released in on PC in 2010, and is a follow to the original Stronghold games from 2001 and 2002. It has given the series a massively multiplayer and free to play twist, and has had a mixed reaction from fans with a 66% positive rating on Steam. Many players have criticized it as being “pay-to-win”, though PC users tend to be a bit more quick to apply that label than those on mobile.
Here is a list of featured advertised on Google Play:
- BUILD an online stronghold and protect it with impenetrable castle defences.
- RULE the Middle Ages and wage war across England, Europe or the world!
- BESIEGE enemies, trade with factions and explore a medieval world filled with thousands of other players.
- RESEARCH new technology and become a trader, farmer, crusader, diplomat or warlord.
- LEAD your faction to victory and forge alliances, becoming the elected leader in a player-controlled political RTS.
- PLAY FOR FREE on your Android phone or tablet, with frequent updates and cross-platform multiplayer.
Want to take a look at the game? here’s the launch trailer: