Into the Dead 2 Is Now Available on Android
Zombie themed first person runner Into the Dead 2 is now available on Android, a day ahead of its scheduled October 12th launch date. It’s a sequel to developer PikPok’s the popular Into the Dead, which has over 70 million downloads. Into the Dead 2 offered a pre-registration bonus available to anyone who signed up early.
In Into the Dead 2 players take the role of James, a protagonist who happens to be driving his truck during the zombie apocalypse. As you might expect from a truck in the introduction of any zombie story, it crashes. James is forced to make his way back to his family on foot, using whatever tools he can find along the way. That mainly involves first person running sections where players have the option of either avoiding zombies to conserve ammo or taking a more direct and bloody approach. After each story mission players can upgrade their arsenal using loot they find or buy, getting them ready for another run through zombie infested environments.
Into the Dead 2 is free and contains in app purchases. It also contains optional ads that are used to obtain extra loot. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description and an official trailer with more information:
• Evolving story and multiple endings – complete 7 action-packed chapters, 60 stages, and hundreds of challenges
• Powerful weapons and ammo perks – unlock and upgrade melee weapons, firearms, explosives, and more!
• Varied gameplay – fire from military gun emplacements, slay the hordes from atop vehicles, stab them to stay alive, or risk going after them on foot
• Multiple, immersive environments – discover different locations, from oil fields and military bases to campsites and rural farm communities
• Ever-increasing zombie threats – adapt your tactics to annihilate different hordes, including armoured and running zombies!
• Daily and special event modes – prove your skills to win exclusive prizes
• Loyal canine companions – fend off zombies and stay protected in the field