Hero Collection Strategy Game “Gardius Empire” Enters Closed Beta
No stranger to short term beta tests with the relatively recent tests of Giants War and Heir of Light, Gamevil has started the closed beta phase for their upcoming hybrid strategy and RPG game. A far cry from strategy RPG games like Final Fantasy Tactics and The Alchemist Code, Gardius Empire combines hero collection mechanics with empire building elements from games like Game of War.
The combination leads to players collecting and powering up heroes and dealing with a map screen seen in many mobile strategy games. Players will be able to take their heroes into battles for some flashy action scenes.
The closed beta test for Gardius Empire is set to run until February 19th at 6 AM PST. The goal of this beta test is bug fixes, balance, and to test out the server. As with previous Gamevil beta tests, player progress will be wiped at the end of the test phase.
Gardius Empire is free and contains ads and in app purchases, though in app purchases are not enabled during the beta test. Here is an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description with more information:
Summon and collect powerful mythical heroes!
- Strategically create your ultimate army by choosing heroes of various attributes.
- Evolve and upgrade your heroes to increase combat power.
Immerse yourself in a larger-than-life battle!
- Battle for the throne in celestial wars. Conquer the Royal Palace, and become supreme Commander!
- Hunt monsters and mine natural resources with and against other players worldwide.
Upgrade and build your own empire!
- Collect resources and upgrade your base and army.
- Customize your base by discovering and unlocking new content.