Death Road to Canada Released on Android
Developer Rocketcat Games, who’s past Android games include Wayward Souls and Punch Quest, has released its road trip simulator Death Road to Canada (DRTC) on Android. In DRTC players are tasked with making the journey from Florida to Ontario, Canada during the zombie apocalypse. As players drive north they will encounter numerous choices along the way. If they choose to stop somewhere, they will have to fend off the undead as they scavenge for supplies.
Death Road to Canada relies heavily on procedurally generated content. That means that each playthrough will be different, with randomized cities, events, and different survivors to recruit. The events will also be tailored to the survivors in the player’s party, with the survivor’s personality playing a role in what type of choices a player can make.
Death Road to Canada was originally released on PC in July of 2016, and was ported to iOS in March of 2017. While the PC version supports local multiplayer, neither of the mobile versions of the game have any sort of local multiplayer options. Like Rocketcat’s previous games, DRTC is published on Android by Noodlecake Studios. Death Road to Canada is priced at $9.99, and does not contain any ads or in app purchases. Here is an official trailer and an excerpt from the game’s Google Play description with more information:
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
– Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
– Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
– Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
– Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
– Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
– Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
– Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
– Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they’re 100% accurate.
Interested? Check out Death Road to Canada on Google Play
More new Android games can be found in the weekly roundup.