Black Survival Review: Be the last one standing
- Name: Black Survival
- Developer: ArchBears
- Genre: RPG, Arena, Survival
- Price: Free, in app purchases
- Installed size: 314 mb
- Translation is good, and the game is relatively bug-free
- IAPs primarily used to buy new characters
- Playable Offline?: No
What is Black Survival?
Black Survival is a battle-royale style game where up to 10 players spawn on an island and must gather resources and craft gear to survive in order to be the last player standing. It uses a visual-novel style aesthetic that, while plain, works well on mobile. The no-frills presentation allows players to keep their focus on Black Survival’s strategic gameplay. The core gameplay involves searching for materials to craft new and better gear and then defeating your opponents. While simple on the surface, it gets much deeper when you start encountering other players and have to decide whether to fight and risk losing health and time while gaining experience and securing your gathering spot, or running and focusing on getting other materials. This combined with several other mechanics creates for an experience where no two matches are alike, and where you always have to think on your feet.
- One gameplay mode, with one map
- 29 playable characters
- No stamina system, but if you die there is a lengthy cooldown for the character you used (no cooldown for beginners)
- PVP: Yes
- CO-OP: No
- Social features: In-match chat
- Graphical style: Visual-Novel
- Graphics quality: Medium
- Audio quality: Low
- Audio recommended: No
- UI quality: High
- Overall presentation: Good
If you’re looking for a PVP survival game with deep strategic gameplay and you can either embrace or overlook Black Survival’s visual-novel style presentation, this is the game for you. It’s far from perfect, and would benefit from a worldwide chat system, a spectator mode, and improved audio quality. But what’s there is more than enough to warrant a download.