ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Is Coming Later This Year
ARK: Survival Evolved is the next big PC & console action game to get the mobile treatment. ARK is a survival game in which players wake up on a mysterious island. They’re unarmed, and surrounded by dangerous dinosaurs. Players will need to craft new gear, build bases, tame dinosaurs, and fight to survive the harsh landscape of ARK: Survival Evolved.
ARK mobile will be free to play and have in app purchases. War Drum Studios has said that the game’s premium currency will allow players to progress faster, obtain limited time buffs, build special crafting structures, and more. The game promises much of what made ARK such a hit on PCs, with a large island to explore, lots of dinosaurs to tame, and of course multiplayer. The mobile version will have some redesigned mechanics to speed up the game and adapt the game’s controls and UI for mobile devices.
The game’s original developer Studio Wildcard has tapped War Drum Studios to handle ARK Mobile. War Drum Studios is one of the more experienced developers when it comes to porting games to mobile. The Florida based company handled the releases of Rockstar’s games on Android and iOS. That includes Max Payne, GTA: San Andreas, and Bully.
As with Epic Games’ mobile version of Fortnite, ARK will be holding an iOS exclusive beta test. Players interested in testing out the game can apply on the game’s official website. Of note is that the iOS device options in the beta application are quite high, with the weakest device listed being the iPad Mini 4. These could just be recommended device specs for the beta, and may not reflect the game’s final requirements. That being said, gamers should not expect to be able to play the game on low-mid range Android devices.
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile will be free and contain in app purchases. It is scheduled to launch later this year on both iOS and Android, and gamers can pre-register now. Here is an excerpt from the game’s description and the first mobile trailer with more information:
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Features:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities. Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test alone your mettle against the dinos.
- Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
Interested? Check out the game’s official website.